Research programme: vascular protectants - AtheroGenicsAlternative Names: AGI-2048; AGI-2636; AGI-series for respiratory diseases; v-protectants
Latest Information Update: 11 May 2009
At a glance
- Originator AtheroGenics
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Antioxidants; Vascular cell adhesion molecule inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Suspended Asthma; Rheumatoid arthritis
Most Recent Events
- 14 Jun 2005 Data presented at the 101st International Conference of the American Thoracic Society (ATS-2005) have been added to the Obstructive airways disease pharmacodynamics section ,
- 14 Oct 2004 This programme is still in active development for Rheumatoid arthritis
- 14 Nov 2003 Preclinical trials in Rheumatoid arthritis in USA (PO)