Insulin oral - Unigene Laboratories
Latest Information Update: 04 Apr 2008
At a glance
- Originator Unigene Laboratories
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Insulins; Pancreatic hormones
- Mechanism of Action Ornithine decarboxylase stimulants; Phosphokinase stimulants; Tyrosine aminotransferase stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Type 1 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 14 Aug 2003 No development reported - Preclinical for Type-1 diabetes mellitus in USA (PO)
- 05 Jun 2001 Preclinical development for Type-1 diabetes mellitus in USA (PO)