Research programme: diabetes/obesity therapy - Institute for Diabetes Discovery/KakenAlternative Names: PTPase inhibitors - Institute for Diabetes Discovery/Kaken
Latest Information Update: 16 Nov 2006
At a glance
- Originator Institute for Diabetes Discovery LLC; Kaken Pharmaceutical
- Developer Institute for Diabetes Discovery; Kaken Pharmaceutical
- Mechanism of Action Protein-tyrosine-phosphatase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Diabetes mellitus; Obesity
Most Recent Events
- 16 Nov 2006 This programme is still in active development
- 19 Aug 2003 This programme is still in active development
- 05 Jun 2001 Preclinical development for Obesity in USA (Unknown route)