Research programme: type 2 diabetes mellitus therapy - deCODE genetics
Latest Information Update: 30 Jan 2013
At a glance
- Originator deCODE genetics
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 08 Mar 2006 deCODE reported the discovery of the genetic risk factor for type 2 diabetes in the gene on chromosome 10 encoding transcription factor 7-like 2 (TCF7L2)
- 23 Aug 2005 This programme is still in active development
- 14 Aug 2003 deCode genetics has announced a milestone in their joint programme with Roche Diagnostics in type 2 diabetes mellitus