At a glance
- Originator Yamanouchi
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Benzamides
- Mechanism of Action Glucose stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 21 Aug 2003 No development reported - Preclinical for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in Japan (unspecified route)
- 06 Jun 2001 Preclinical development for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in Japan (Unknown route)