Oxycodone - ALZA CorporationAlternative Names: OROS® oxycodone
Latest Information Update: 03 Mar 2008
At a glance
- Originator ALZA Corporation
- Class Morphine derivatives; Opioid analgesics; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Opioid delta receptor agonists; Opioid kappa receptor agonists; Opioid mu receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Pain
Most Recent Events
- 28 Jun 2001 ALZA Corporation has been acquired by Johnson & Johnson
- 07 Jun 2001 Investigation in Pain in USA (PO)