Research programme: inflammation therapy - ArenaAlternative Names: 19GJ; Inflammation therapy research programme - Arena
Latest Information Update: 21 Apr 2011
At a glance
- Originator Arena Pharmaceuticals
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action G protein-coupled receptor antagonists; G protein-coupled receptor modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Suspended Asthma; Inflammation; Inflammatory bowel diseases; Rheumatoid arthritis
Most Recent Events
- 02 Aug 2005 This programme is still in active development - (BIO-2005)
- 23 Mar 2003 Preclinical trials in Inflammatory bowel disease in USA (unspecified route)
- 23 Mar 2003 Preclinical trials in Asthma in USA (unspecified route)