VX 850Alternative Names: VX-850
Latest Information Update: 27 Jun 2007
At a glance
- Originator Vertex Pharmaceuticals
- Class Anti-inflammatories
- Mechanism of Action P38 mitogen-activated protein kinase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cardiovascular disorders; Inflammation
Most Recent Events
- 05 Feb 2004 This compound is still in active development
- 28 Sep 2001 The development schedule for VX 850 has been accelerated
- 31 Dec 2000 Preclinical development for Neurological disorders in USA (Unknown route)