AM 454Alternative Names: AM454
Latest Information Update: 20 Apr 2011
At a glance
- Originator SuperGen
- Class Androstenols; Antihyperglycaemics; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 25 Aug 2006 No development reported - Preclinical for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (unspecified route)
- 16 Jul 2004 AM 454 is available for licensing (http://www.supergen.com)
- 21 Aug 2003 Suspended - Preclinical for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (unspecified route)