Research programme: macular degeneration therapy - GeronAlternative Names: Macular degeneration therapy research programme - Geron
Latest Information Update: 18 Nov 2011
At a glance
- Originator Geron Corporation
- Mechanism of Action Telomerase activators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Macular degeneration
Most Recent Events
- 31 Dec 2006 Development discontinued for Macular degeneration before 2006
- 14 Jun 2005 No development reported - Preclinical for Macular degeneration in USA (unspecified route)
- 14 Jun 2001 New profile