Teriparatide - Rare Disease TherapeuticsAlternative Names: hPTH (1-34) - Rare Disease Therapeutics; Parathyroid hormone (1-34) - Rare Disease Therapeutics; Parathyroid-hormone-1-34; PTH-1-84
Latest Information Update: 16 Jun 2005
At a glance
- Originator Rare Disease Therapeutics
- Class Osteoporosis therapies; Peptide hormones; Skin disorder therapies
- Mechanism of Action
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hypoparathyroidism
Most Recent Events
- 15 Mar 2016 Biomarkers information updated
- 16 Jun 2005 Discontinued - Phase-III for Hypoparathyroidism in USA (unspecified route)
- 25 Jun 2001 Phase-III clinical trials for Hypoparathyroidism in USA (Unknown route)