Research programme: hepatic glucose output inhibitors - MetabolexAlternative Names: hepatic glucose output inhibitors research programme - Metabolex; MBX 668
Latest Information Update: 23 Mar 2007
At a glance
- Originator Metabolex
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 23 Mar 2007 Discontinued - Preclinical for Diabetes mellitus in USA (PO)
- 21 Aug 2003 Metabolex is screening preclinical candidates of the programme
- 05 Jul 2001 Preclinical development for Diabetes mellitus in USA (PO)