At a glance
- Originator Dr. Willmar Schwabe Group
- Developer Dr. Willmar Schwabe Group; University of Marburg
- Class Lactones; Neuroprotectants; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Antioxidants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Neuroprotection
Most Recent Events
- 24 Jan 2003 Discontinued - Preclinical for Neuroprotection in Germany (unspecified route)
- 06 Jul 2001 New profile
- 06 Jul 2001 Preclinical development for Neuroprotection in Germany (Unknown route)