Latest Information Update: 27 Nov 2007
At a glance
- Originator Idun Pharmaceuticals
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Caspase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Myocardial infarction; Stroke
Most Recent Events
- 19 Apr 2005 Idun Pharmaceuticals has been acquired by Pfizer
- 11 Feb 2003 Data presented at the 75th Scientific Sessions of the American Heart Association [11/02] have been added to the Ischaemic Heart Disease pharmacodynamics section
- 14 May 2002 Preclinical trials in Stroke in USA (unspecified route)