Somatropin - BresaGenAlternative Names: Human growth hormone - BresaGen
Latest Information Update: 28 May 2007
At a glance
- Originator BresaGen
- Class Growth hormones; Hormonal replacements
- Mechanism of Action Somatotropin receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Somatotropin deficiency
Most Recent Events
- 03 Feb 2004 The directors of BresaGen have resigned and administrators have been appointed
- 03 Dec 2003 BresaGen plans to commercialise somatropin in collaboration with pharmaceutical partners
- 11 Jul 2001 Preclinical development for Somatotropin deficiency in Australia (Unknown route)