Latest Information Update: 21 Aug 2003
At a glance
- Originator Meiji Seika Kaisha
- Class Antihyperglycaemics
- Mechanism of Action Advanced glycosylation end product inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Diabetic nephropathies; Diabetic neuropathies
Most Recent Events
- 21 Aug 2003 No development reported - Preclinical for Diabetic neuropathies in Japan (PO)
- 21 Aug 2003 No development reported - Preclinical for Diabetic nephropathies in Japan (PO)
- 18 Jul 2001 Preclinical development for Diabetic neuropathies in Japan (PO)