Latest Information Update: 10 Feb 2003
At a glance
- Originator Pfizer
- Class Antihyperglycaemics
- Mechanism of Action Glycogen phosphorylase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Reperfusion injury; Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 10 Feb 2003 No development reported - Preclinical for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (unspecified route)
- 10 Feb 2003 No development reported - Preclinical for Reperfusion injury in USA (unspecified route)
- 31 Jul 2001 Preclinical development for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (Unknown route)