Research programme: parainfluenza virus therapies - BioCrystAlternative Names: BCX-2798; Parainfluenza virus hemagglutinin-neuraminidase inhibitors - BioCryst Pharmaceuticals; Parainfluenza virus HN inhibitors - BioCryst
Latest Information Update: 11 Dec 2012
At a glance
- Originator BioCryst Pharmaceuticals
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action HN protein inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Parainfluenza virus infections
Most Recent Events
- 07 Dec 2012 Discontinued - Preclinical for Parainfluenza virus infections in USA (PO)
- 17 Apr 2008 Preclinical pharmacodynamics data presented at the 21st International Conference on Antiviral Research (ICAR-2008)
- 02 Oct 2007 Data presented at the 47th Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapeutics (ICAAC-2007) added to the Viral Infections pharmacodynamics section