Research programme: MIF inhibitors - NovartisAlternative Names: AVP-13748; AVP-28225
Latest Information Update: 26 May 2016
At a glance
- Originator Avanir Pharmaceuticals
- Developer Novartis
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Macrophage migration inhibitory factor inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Inflammation
Most Recent Events
- 13 Jul 2010 Preclinical development is ongoing in USA
- 30 Mar 2007 Preclinical development is ongoing
- 04 Oct 2005 Avanir and Novartis have entered into a global research, development and commercialisation agreement to develop molecules targeting MIF for inflammatory disease.