Recombinant gastric lipase - MeristemAlternative Names: Merispase®; Recombinant gastric lipase
Latest Information Update: 03 Feb 2011
At a glance
- Originator Meristem Therapeutics
- Class Carboxylic ester hydrolases
- Mechanism of Action Lipase stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Pancreatic disorders
Most Recent Events
- 25 Feb 2005 Profile reviewed with information presented at the 3rd Annual BioPartnering North America (BPN-2005)
- 25 Feb 2005 Recombinant gastric lipase is available for licensing (http://www.meristem-therapeutics.com)
- 21 Jun 2004 Phase-II clinical trials in Pancreatic disorders in Europe (PO, Capsule)