BVT 3498Alternative Names: AMG 331
Latest Information Update: 09 Sep 2005
At a glance
- Originator Biovitrum
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action 11-beta hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 08 Sep 2005 Discontinued - Phase-II for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in Sweden (unspecified route)
- 08 Sep 2005 Discontinued - Phase-II for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in Finland (unspecified route)
- 24 Aug 2005 This compound is still in active development - (BIO-2005)