Research programme: hepatitis C virus protease and polymerase inhibitors - Novartis/Medivir
Latest Information Update: 05 Jun 2007
At a glance
- Originator Medivir AB
- Developer Medivir AB; Novartis
- Mechanism of Action Hepatitis C virus NS 5 protein inhibitors; Hepatitis C virus NS3 protein inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hepatitis C
Most Recent Events
- 20 Apr 2006 Chiron Corporation has been acquired and merged into Novartis
- 22 Jul 2004 This programme is still in active development
- 07 Sep 2001 Preclinical development for Hepatitis C in USA (unspecified route)