Latest Information Update: 24 Apr 2007
At a glance
- Originator InSite Vision
- Mechanism of Action Angiogenesis inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Diabetic retinopathy; Macular degeneration
Most Recent Events
- 20 Aug 2003 This compound is still in active development
- 10 Sep 2001 Preclinical development for Macular degeneration in USA (Ophthalmic)
- 10 Sep 2001 Preclinical development for Diabetic retinopathy in USA (Ophthalmic)