Ethinylestradiol/trimegestone - WyethAlternative Names: ethinylestradiol/trimegestone; Trimegestone/ethinylestradiol - Wyeth
Latest Information Update: 12 Feb 2015
At a glance
- Originator Wyeth
- Mechanism of Action Estrogen receptor agonists; Progesterone receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Contraception
Most Recent Events
- 12 Feb 2015 Discontinued - Phase-III for Contraception in USA (PO) prior to February 2015
- 24 Jan 2006 No development reported - Phase-III for Contraception in USA (PO)
- 27 Mar 2002 American Home Products and its subsidiaries Wyeth-Ayerst and Wyeth Lederle are both now called Wyeth