PNU 246962Alternative Names: PNU-246962
Latest Information Update: 04 Sep 2006
At a glance
- Originator Pfizer
- Mechanism of Action DNA-directed DNA polymerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Herpesvirus infections
Most Recent Events
- 04 Sep 2006 Discontinued - Preclinical for Herpesvirus infections in USA (unspecified route)
- 16 Apr 2003 Pharmacia Corporation has been acquired by, and merged into, Pfizer
- 20 Sep 2001 Preclinical development for Herpesvirus infections in USA (Unknown route)