Aciclovir gel - Sakai/SkyePharmaAlternative Names: Acyclovir gel - Sakai/SkyePharma
Latest Information Update: 24 Apr 2007
At a glance
- Originator Bioglan AB
- Class Antivirals; Hypoxanthines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action DNA-directed DNA polymerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Herpes simplex virus infections; Varicella zoster virus infections
Most Recent Events
- 04 Nov 2002 Aciclovir gel is now being developed by SkyePharma
- 31 May 2002 Bioglan's intellectual property rights to three topical drug delivery technologies, including ES-GEL™, have been acquired by SkyePharma
- 18 Feb 2000 Preclinical development for Varicella zoster virus infections in United Kingdom (Topical)