Latest Information Update: 10 Dec 2007
At a glance
- Originator Mayo Clinic
- Class Antidementias; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Acetylcholinesterase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 10 Dec 2007 Discontinued - Preclinical for Alzheimer's disease in USA (unspecified route)
- 05 Oct 2001 New profile
- 05 Oct 2001 Preclinical development for Alzheimer's disease in USA (Unknown route)