Porcine liver cells - liver failureAlternative Names: Porcine liver cell transplant therapy
Latest Information Update: 30 Jul 2004
At a glance
- Originator GenVec
- Mechanism of Action Tissue replacements
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Liver failure
Most Recent Events
- 30 Jul 2004 Discontinued - Phase-I for Liver failure in USA (unspecified route)
- 26 Aug 2003 Diacrin has been acquired by, and merged into, GenVec
- 10 Oct 2001 Phase-I clinical trials for Liver failure in USA (Unknown route)