PTX 2416Alternative Names: SYN 2416
Latest Information Update: 08 Feb 2007
At a glance
- Originator NAEJA Pharmaceutical
- Class Antibacterials; Monobactams
- Mechanism of Action Cell wall inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 16 Oct 2001 Preclinical development for Bacterial infections in Canada (unspecified route)