Research programme: anti-latent virus therapy - Gemin XAlternative Names: Anti-latent virus therapy research programme - Gemin X
Latest Information Update: 27 May 2011
At a glance
- Originator Gemin X Biotechnologies
- Class Oncolytic viruses
- Mechanism of Action Apoptosis stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Epstein-Barr virus infections; Herpesvirus infections
Most Recent Events
- 22 Mar 2004 This programme is still in active development
- 18 Oct 2001 Preclinical development for Epstein-Barr virus infections in Canada (Unknown route)
- 18 Oct 2001 Preclinical development for Herpesvirus infections in Canada (Unknown route)