Interferon-beta - GeneTrol BiotherapeuticsAlternative Names: HuFeron
Latest Information Update: 07 Feb 2011
At a glance
- Originator GeneTrol Biotherapeutics
- Class Antineoplastics; Antivirals; Interferons
- Mechanism of Action Interferon beta stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Multiple sclerosis; Viral infections
Most Recent Events
- 15 Dec 2004 This profile is still in active development
- 29 Oct 2001 Preclinical development for Multiple sclerosis in USA (Unknown route)
- 29 Oct 2001 Preclinical development for Viral infections in USA (Unknown route)