Latest Information Update: 11 Mar 2003
At a glance
- Originator Merck Sante; Ono Pharmaceutical
- Developer Ono Pharmaceutical
- Class Antihyperglycaemics
- Mechanism of Action
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 11 Mar 2003 Discontinued - Phase-II for Diabetes mellitus in Japan (PO)
- 30 Oct 2001 Phase-I clinical trials for Diabetes mellitus in Japan (PO)