HIV vaccine - oralAlternative Names: Oral HIV vaccine
Latest Information Update: 25 Sep 2006
At a glance
- Originator University of California at San Francisco
- Class AIDS vaccines
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 25 Sep 2006 Discontinued - Preclinical for HIV infections prevention in USA (PO)
- 30 Oct 2001 Preclinical development for HIV infections prevention in USA (PO)