Research programme: antibacterials - Microbiotix/Ocera TherapeuticsAlternative Names: Antibacterials research programme - Microbiotix/Tranzyme
Latest Information Update: 04 Sep 2013
At a glance
- Originator Microbiotix; Tranzyme
- Mechanism of Action DNA synthesis inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 15 Jul 2013 Ocera Therapeutics has completed its merger with Tranzyme Pharma
- 29 Jul 2004 Discontinued - Preclinical for Bacterial infections in Canada (unspecified route)
- 29 Jul 2004 Discontinued - Preclinical for Bacterial infections in USA (unspecified route)