Research programme: muscarinic receptor agonists and antagonists - ACADIA/SepracorAlternative Names: 108LM39-36; AC 90987; AC-260584
Latest Information Update: 26 Mar 2008
At a glance
- Originator ACADIA Pharmaceuticals; Sepracor
- Mechanism of Action Muscarinic M1 receptor agonists; Muscarinic receptor agonists; Muscarinic receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued CNS disorders; Cognition disorders; Neuropathic pain; Psychotic disorders; Schizophrenia
Most Recent Events
- 21 Jan 2005 ACADIA and Sepracor entered into an agreement to jointly develop therapeutic agents for the treatment of CNS disorders
- 04 Aug 2004 Preclinical trials in Schizophrenia in USA (unspecified route)
- 07 Apr 2003 Data presented at the 225th American Chemical Society Meeting (225th-ACS) have been added to the adverse events section