GW 590735Alternative Names: 590735; GW-590735
Latest Information Update: 21 Jan 2008
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline; Ligand Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antihyperlipidaemics; Propionic acids; Small molecules; Thiazoles
- Mechanism of Action Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Atherosclerosis; Lipid metabolism disorders
Most Recent Events
- 18 Jul 2007 GW 590735 is still in active development
- 31 Dec 2003 Phase-II clinical trials in Lipid metabolism disorders in USA (unspecified route)
- 31 Dec 2003 Phase-II clinical trials in Atherosclerosis in USA (unspecified route)