Latest Information Update: 02 Apr 2008
At a glance
- Originator Unknown
- Developer BTG
- Mechanism of Action Bile acid binding protein modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hypercholesterolaemia
Most Recent Events
- 15 Mar 2004 This compound is still in active development - (BPN-2004)
- 14 Nov 2001 BTG 511 is available for licensing (http://www.btgplc.com)
- 14 Nov 2001 Phase-II clinical trials for Hypercholesterolaemia in USA (Unknown route)