Research programme: osteoarthritis therapy - sanofi-aventis/GPC Biotech
Latest Information Update: 24 Feb 2009
At a glance
- Originator GPC Biotech AG; sanofi-aventis
- Developer sanofi-aventis
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Osteoarthritis
Most Recent Events
- 26 Aug 2004 Aventis has merged with Sanofi-Synthelabo to form Sanofi-Aventis
- 05 May 2004 The collaboration between GPC Biotech AG and Aventis is no longer active
- 17 Feb 2004 A validated target has been selected for high-throughput screening