Research programme: histone deacetylase inhibitors - MethylGeneAlternative Names: MG 4230; MG 4915; MG 5026; Next generation inhibitors; Sirtuin inhibitors
Latest Information Update: 15 May 2013
At a glance
- Originator MethylGene
- Class Sirtuins; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Histone deacetylase inhibitors; SIRT1 protein inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Bacterial infections; Cancer; Diabetes mellitus; Inflammation
Most Recent Events
- 30 Mar 2010 Preclinical development is ongoing in USA
- 25 Mar 2008 Preclinical development is ongoing
- 08 Mar 2008 Pharmion Corporation has been acquired and merged into Celgene Corporation