IDN 5491Alternative Names: Hyperforin trimethoxybenzoate
Latest Information Update: 05 Sep 2007
At a glance
- Originator Indena
- Class Antidepressants; Heterocyclic bicyclo compounds; Phenols; Terpenes
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Major depressive disorder
Most Recent Events
- 05 Sep 2007 This compound is still in active development
- 27 Nov 2001 Preclinical development for Depression in Italy (Unknown route)