ErtiprotafibAlternative Names: PTP 112
Latest Information Update: 13 Jun 2002
At a glance
- Originator Wyeth
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Carboxylic acids; Naphthalenes; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Protein-tyrosine-phosphatase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 13 Jun 2002 Discontinued - Phase-II for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in Europe (unspecified route)
- 13 Jun 2002 Discontinued - Phase-II for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (unspecified route)
- 06 Jun 2002 Ertiprotafib is the INN name for PTP 112