Research programme: bacterial infections therapeutics - VernalisAlternative Names: BB 83815; BB 83857; BB 84234; BB 84416; BB 84518; BB 84887; BB 84888; BB 85035
Latest Information Update: 06 Feb 2005
At a glance
- Originator Vernalis
- Mechanism of Action Metalloprotease inhibitors; Peptide deformylase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Anthrax; Community-acquired pneumonia; Gram-positive infections
Most Recent Events
- 14 Jan 2005 Discontinued - Preclinical for Anthrax in United Kingdom (unspecified route)
- 14 Jan 2005 Discontinued - Preclinical for Community-acquired pneumonia in United Kingdom (IV)
- 14 Jan 2005 Discontinued - Preclinical for Gram-positive infections in United Kingdom (unspecified route)