Masoprocol - Shaman PharmaceuticalsAlternative Names: SP 134101
Latest Information Update: 05 Dec 2001
At a glance
- Originator Shaman Pharmaceuticals
- Developer Merck Sante; Shaman Pharmaceuticals
- Class Anti-inflammatories; Catechols; Lignans; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Lipoxygenase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hypertension; Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 27 Jul 2000 Discontinued-Preclinical for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (Unknown route)
- 27 Jul 2000 Discontinued-Preclinical for Hypertension in USA (PO)