Research programme: periodontitis therapy - OraPharmaAlternative Names: Periodontitis therapy research programme - OraPharma
Latest Information Update: 11 Oct 2006
At a glance
- Originator OraPharma; University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Periodontal disorders
Most Recent Events
- 18 Feb 2003 OraPharma has been acquired by Johnson & Johnson
- 23 Jan 2003 Phase-I clinical trials in Periodontal disorders in USA (unspecified route)
- 23 Jan 2003 This programme is still in active development