Research programme: diabetes therapy - GenentechAlternative Names: BP 101
Latest Information Update: 16 Mar 2007
At a glance
- Originator Genentech; University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Mechanism of Action Insulin-like growth factor binding protein inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 16 Mar 2007 Discontinued - Preclinical for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (unspecified route)
- 25 Aug 2003 No development reported - Preclinical for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (unspecified route)
- 12 Dec 2001 Preclinical development for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (Unknown route)