Latest Information Update: 15 Jun 2016
At a glance
- Originator Elanex Pharma Group
- Class Antianaemics; Recombinant erythropoietins
- Mechanism of Action Erythropoiesis stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Marketed Anaemia
Most Recent Events
- 03 Jun 2016 Baxalta has been acquired and merged into Shire
- 31 Dec 2004 Discontinued - Phase-II for Anaemia in Western Europe (Injection)
- 31 Dec 2004 Discontinued - Phase-II for Anaemia in Japan (Injection)