Research programme: methylcarbapenems - BanyuAlternative Names: Anti-MRSA carbapenems research programme - Banyu; Metylcarbapenems research programme - Banyu
Latest Information Update: 13 Mar 2008
At a glance
- Originator Banyu
- Class Carbapenems
- Mechanism of Action Cell wall inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Bacterial infections; Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections
Most Recent Events
- 13 Mar 2008 No development reported - Preclinical for Meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections in Japan (unspecified route)
- 13 Mar 2008 No development reported - Preclinical for Bacterial infections in Japan (unspecified route)
- 09 Jan 2002 Preclinical development for Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections in Japan (unspecified route)