Research programme: corticotropin releasing factor receptor 1 antagonists - LigandAlternative Names: AVE 4579; CRF-1 - Ligand Pharmaceuticals
Latest Information Update: 21 Jan 2010
At a glance
- Originator Neurogen Corporation
- Developer Ligand Pharmaceuticals
- Mechanism of Action Corticotropin releasing factor receptor 1 antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Anxiety disorders; Major depressive disorder
Most Recent Events
- 21 Jan 2010 Preclinical development is ongoing in the US
- 26 Aug 2004 Aventis has merged with Sanofi-Synthelabo to form Sanofi-Aventis
- 09 Jan 2002 Preclinical development for Depression in USA (Unknown route)