At a glance
- Originator Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceutical Research & Development
- Developer Janssen Research & Development
- Class Antibacterials; Oxazolidinones; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Protein synthesis inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 26 Sep 2003 This compound is still in active development - 43rd Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (ICAAC-2003)
- 09 Jan 2002 Preclinical development for Bacterial infections in USA (Unknown route)