At a glance
- Originator Cephalon
- Class Antineoplastics
- Mechanism of Action Angiogenesis inhibitors; Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Solid tumours
Most Recent Events
- 19 Jun 2005 Phase-II clinical trials in Solid tumours in USA (unspecified route)
- 26 Aug 2004 Aventis has merged with Sanofi-Synthelabo to form Sanofi-Aventis
- 04 Jul 2003 Data presented at the 39th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO-2003) have been added to the pharmacokinetics section